Copyrighted illustrations

Monday 16 March 2009

Semester A works

Below, this is one of my pencil drawings I drew for my Paintbox People project. Paintbox People is a children poetry and this project was enjoyable and fun to do. These drawings are unfinished final pieces. I was going to paint them in nice bright colours. When I handed in all of my work including this to my tutors in the last semester, they liked them all and told me that I was on a 2:1 grade level (60%) which is really good. When I graduate I really want to go into children's book industry but I probably won't go into that straight away. I am quite open to all jobs like advertising and greeting cards (which I'd like to go into one day) except editoral which I have no passion for.
This is an illustration based on a story called City of Glass by Paul Auster. It was painted on chunky canvas. It is a very sad story, and I didn't want to produce gloomy and sad, boring pieces of work to go with a sad story. I always wanted to produce happy and cheerful work because that what I am about.


No comments:

Post a Comment